Successful client relations are key to any business. Of course there are easy clients that are easy to please, but there are also high maintenance clients that seem to require hours on the phone, tons of edits and lots of time. There are some keys to successful client relations that can make a business flourish.
- It is important that you know your role. Be sure that expectations are clear and concise. You need to know exactly what the client wants and expects. Get it in writing and pyrefer to it often.
- Invite client input. If the client feels that they have made a significant contribution to the project they will be less likely to request major changes. They have a stake in the finished product due to their contributions.
Image via Wikipedia
- If you have messed up admit it. Clients do not like excuses. They want results.
- Do not take every project you are offered. Too many companies just starting out are desperate for work and are tempted to take on projects that they know they may not be able to complete or do successfully.
- Be on time. When you say you are going to deliver the results do it.
- If the partnership just isn’t making progress ending the relationship may need to be considered. If you are miserable chances are the client is miserable. Part ways peacefully.
Client relations are the bread and butter to any business. Follow these tips for a happy, successful client relationship which will lead to a successful business.